At NAHB, we endeavour to provide support and guidance to all our students and assist in whatever way possible to help you complete your studies and achieve your goals.
Should students experience any difficulties with their studies, please discuss this with your trainer. If students are experiencing personal difficulties that is interfering with your course progression or you need some guidance, please speak to one of our Student Service Officers or to the CEO, who will listen to your concerns in confidence. If the students needs are beyond our capacity, we can refer them to an appropriate external agency.
We have provided a list of more specialist support contacts below :
- Emergency- Police/ Fire/ Ambulance Call 000
- Centrelink (www.centrelink.gov.au) 132 490 (Student support)
- Centrelink 132 850 (Employment services)
- Centrelink 131 202 (Enquiries in other languages)
- Lifeline 131 114
- Alcohol & Drug Information service 1800 888 236
- Kids Helpline 1800 551 800
- Disability Services 1800 177 120
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Legal Services 1800 012 255
- Child Abuse Prevention Services 1800 688 009
- Suicide Help Line Victoria 1300 651 251
- NSW Adult Literacy and Numeracy Council Hotline 1300 655 506
- National Literacy and Numeracy support: Australian Council of Adult Literacy: Phone 03 9469 2950 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Care link Centres (transport services for those who cannot use existing forms of transport due to age, disability or lack of services in their area) 1800 052 222.
Student handbook DOWNLOAD